- You have a truly excellent academic record and previous research experience.
- You are highly committed to scientific research, and you have the potential and eagerness to conduct demanding research projects.
- You have a distinctive proficiency in textbook knowledge of the relevant scientific disciplines.
- You are proficient in the English language. Provision of TOEFL or IELTS results and GRE examination results is strongly recommended but not mandatory.
- You hold (or anticipate to receive before taking up the PhD thesis work) a Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Biomedicine (incl. Medicine), Physics/Biophysics, Bioengineering, Biomaterials, Mathematics, or Computer Science
Previously affiliated applicants
Candidates who have previously been affiliated with a DIGS-BB research group for more than 3 months are considered as internal candidates. In general, they are eligible for admission. Like all successful applicants, internal candidates must fulfil the above-mentioned requirements and demonstrate high potential and outstanding performance in order to be invited for interviews. To avoid any favoritism or bias, group leaders well acquainted with an internal candidate will not be involved in judging the candidate’s qualification for admission.