- You have a truly excellent academic record and previous research experience.
- You are highly committed to scientific research and you have the potential and eagerness to conduct demanding research projects.
- You have a distinctive proficiency in textbook knowledge of the relevant scientific disciplines.
- You are proficient in the English language. Provision of TOEFL or IELTS results and GRE examination results is strongly recommended but not mandatory.
- You hold (or anticipate to receive before taking up the PhD thesis work) a Master’s degree in Life or Natural sciences, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics or Engineering. Applicants holding an excellent BSc degree are also welcome to apply, given that independent research and a written thesis were part of the curriculum.
Previously affiliated applicants
Candidates who have previously been affiliated with a DIGS-BB research group for more than 3 months are considered as internal candidates. In general, they are eligible for admission. Like all successful applicants, internal candidates must fulfil the above-mentioned requirements and demonstrate high potential and outstanding performance in order to be invited for interviews. To avoid any favouritism or bias, group leaders well acquainted with an internal candidate will not be involved in judging the candidate’s qualification for admission.
PhD Fall Selection 2018
16 July 2018 23:59 CET (GMT+1)
25 July 2018 23:59 CET (GMT+1)
Interview week in Dresden:
17–21 September 2018